My legal rights

My husband and I have been married over 7 years ago, we have a six years old.
Two years ago, I have learnt that my husband has been with two prostitutes, then he told me after many lies that he was addicted o porn movies, he went to peep show and strippers club regularly…He then belonged to a SLAA group (sex addictions). He also has been a regular drug users with his friends behind my back (cocaine,LSD,morphine pills,extasy).This happened in Amsterdam…Over 6 months ago we moved to North Carolina,and my situation got worse as my husband is very controlling financially(i have to ask him permission for my spending and do not have a checkbook, I have to go around by bike since he does not want to buy me a used car (he is making over100k/year with his company) so I have to pick up my son every day by bike wther it is rainy or sunny. Two weeks ago, my husband decided to have an open marriage, I said OK(I am drained emotionally) but after after I let him know he might lose me forever if he is continuing doing this…but he put his profile on different dsites (ashley madison,cougar life) trying to hook up for sex…I have forward all the evidences to my gmail…Next week he is meeting with a woman for sex…
I am in shock and do not know what to do…since I am originally from Europe but have a green permanent card. Please, let me know what to do as I am lost,looking for help.

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 pm

I would suggest you move out and stay with any friends you may have in the area as this does not seem like a safe environment for yourself or your six year old. Your not being a citizen will not affect your custody rights, unless you intend to take the child back to your home country. With the amount of things your husband is doing that are poor lifestyle choices, I do not see how he would be given custody. If you cannot move out to begin the separation period (required to be one year and day), then your only other option is to convince him to leave the house. If he refuses, your last option would be to file for a Divorce from Bed and Board, which asks for a judicial separation based on your husband’s marital misconduct, but even if you were granted a divorce from bed and board it could take up to six months and your spouse may still not be evicted. Your best bet is to leave yourself if you can, and draft a separation agreement for you and your husband. It would be advisable to consult with an attorney about this process to create a plan of action for you. Good luck.