Nc juristiction

Dear Mom2abc:

Greetings. Unfortunately, I believe the case will be moved to North Carolina. If no one remains living in Washington, D.C., jurisdiction is no longer proper there. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband is in the military and a NC resident…we were living in DC for the last 6 yrs…he decided that the marriage was over and he was transfered overseas…I filed an emergency support order in DC when he was leaving the country w/o making support arrangments for me and our 3 children ( I have been a SAHM for 12 yrs)…I was planning on staying in the DC area so the support amount was based on living in DC…w/in 1 month I decided to move back to NC and now husband wants to move case to NC…is that a possibility? Thanks for any help you can give.