Need Advise!

I would like to say, this is the best legal web-site I have visited on the computor. The time that you all give to these posts is greatly appreciated.

I am still trying to come up with an agreement in reference to my post. When you get a minute, would you please let me know how you feel.

Thanks so much.

Dear Bluenight:

Greetings and thank you for your comment on our website. We love what we do.

Now, here are my answers:

1. Judges look at all the facts placed before them, including expert witness reports, guardian ad litems (if necessary), pictures, etc. and decide what they believe is in the best interests of the children.

2. Yes, a graduated scale may be best. I would suggest three months, seeing your child once a week at least. Then moving to an every other weekend schedule.

3. No.

4. No. The judge will sign anything you both agree upon and ask them to enter as an order. There is no website that tells what a judge decides and why. There are websites about judges’ decisions, but I find them not to be accurate and usually to be from the losing side that does not want to take responsibility for their own actions. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello;

This is in reference to child custody(one child). I need to make a choice between a parenting agreement and going to court for custody. My ex. and I just don’t seem to agree on anything. Been to mediation two times. Now, she wants to go to court and let the judge decide for us. My child is a toddler, she has been with her mother since separation. We are now divorced. I have not seen my child in a long time. It was my fault, I just had a hateful feeling for my ex.

My questions are;

1. How do the judges make their decisions in custody cases. Is there guidelines that they go by?

2. Do you feel that I will just get supervised visition with a graduation scale at first? My child does not know me and I really don’t want to upset her. If so, how many months is usually a good number to visit before I get to overnight visits?

3. Do you feel that I need to file for 50/50 custody at this time.

4. Is there a web-site here in NC that I can read about what is a good parenting agreement that a judge would sign?

Thank you, I just need a little advise, as I am trying to make a decision as to sign an agreement or go to court.