Broken parenting agreement


The Judge will probably get a Parent Coordinator involved and the Coordinator will do whats best for the child meaning, they will get all test thats needed for the childs mentall and educational issues and they will set up a visitation schedule that beneficial to the child I guess the question is how old is the child? and there will be a cost of around $2000 that will be split.


Dear never ends:

Greetings. Follow through and file a motion to show cause. That is the best thing I can tell you since I don’t know your judge or county or even what you are looking to accomplish. Do not let a court order go unfollowed. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband worked out a parenting agreement with his ex. We went to court before this and got extended visitation among other important things. But she continued to fail as a mother. But were moving and so was his ex and we thought it was the best thing.

She has not followed through with the most important part of the agreement. I had my stepdaughter evaluated last fall by a psychologist and it was found that she had mild learning disabilities. Mother was to have her evaluated for dyslexia and other problems by the end of the school year. She has not and her grades are declining.

How would the judge view this broken parenting agreement?