Out of pocket medical/dental expenses

I have a quick question.

Once a child turns 18 (and graduates from HS) and my child support obligation has ended, am I still responsible for 50% of out of pocket medical/dental expenses?

I am still carrying him on my insurance but assumed that once child support payments end, so does the out of pocket health costs.

Generally the requirements to maintain medical insurance on a minor child and to pay a percentage of the uninsured medical expenses terminate when the monthly payment obligation terminates unless the court order or separation agreement states otherwise.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.