Parental Alienations

I know beyond a doubt that there is parental alienation going on. My 17yo daughter has sided with her father. But how do you deal with alienation when it also comes from the counsellor she’s seeing?
I’ve read records from a subpoena with her licensed counsellor that any problem she has, whether its with me, her dad, extended family, etc. that the counsellor proceeds to tell her to talk the issues over with her father. Never once does the counsellor tell her to come to me with any issues; even if it relates to me or my extended family.

See if you can make an appointment with the therapist to directly address your concerns with him or her to learn why the therapist is doing this.

You may also want to consider reunification therapy with your daughter.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.