Past indiscretions

Dear drwilsontwo:

Greetings. North Carolina is a conservative state. You are probably going to have to prove to the court why this event is different. You have proven to me why it is different.

You will more than likely settle outside of the court though, so don’t worry until about the month before trial. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear drwilsontwo:

I forgot to mention that it won’t matter about her affair unless you are trying to bar her from alimony. Also, she and you both condonned the prior event in which you were both involved, so I would argue in a Motion in Limine that the event should not be brought up at trial. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you - yes I am trying to bar her from alimony. Do our past indiscretions get put behind us and can I just focus on the fact that she had a major affair that was withheld from me? She is trying to get alimony and PSS, all along denying the affair. She doesn’t know what I know and my PI has unbelieveable evidence to prove adultery. Our past indiscretions were between us only. Plus I am trying to get full custody of two children.

Dear drwilsontwo:

Greetings. Adultery generally has nothing to do with the children. Your past activities will be brought up to use as a negotiation point against you. If your attitude is “we did it, we each condonned it, we never did it again, this is totally different, move on” then I do not think you will have a problem. Just ignore it and let your attorney deal with it. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

Three years ago, my wife and I both had consentual “activities” with some friends of ours. We had a great marriage and although neither had extramerittal sex, we did engage in oral sex with another couple. Afterward, we all laughed but never did it again. We still are great friends with the other couple. We now have twin boys and things have been great.

Except…this past month, my wife was caught cheating with another man, by my sister in a restaurant…although she doesn’t know it yet. They have been seeing each other for six months, we think. Two PI’s were hired and we have great videos which will be very damning in court.

Will my past indiscretion with her and the other couple, come back to haunt me? We both engaged in this activity once and it was blown off at the time as a stupid stunt.

I will most likely sue her for divorce this month. THANKS !!