Perpetual Filings

I have been divorced for five years however my ex-wife continues to make repeated and frivolous filings through the courts. This includes trespassing, assault, a DVO, use of electronics…I am not being found guilty but I need to hire counsel each time to defend myself every time she files something. Is there and remedy that I can pursue to stop this harassment?

1 Like

You can file an action for malicious prosecution and/or speak with an assistant district attorney about perjury charges against your ex-wife or other charges against her.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.