Please advise me on how to get my stuff back

I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I am glad to hear, however, that you got out of a violent situation.

If your husband will not comply with your requests, unfortunately, you will probably have to sue him to get your stuff out of the house. You should talk to a lawyer in your area about filing a, action for equitable distribution, custody, child support and alimony, if you are eligible. You can also include a Motion for Interim Distribution to ask a judge to order him to let you back in the house to get your personal belongings, as well as to order him to give you a copy of the insurance card.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I will do that!

No one wins in divorce only the Lawyers do!

This is for anyone including the lawyers that have this site…

First of all…
I left there w/nothing ( not even my purse)but the clothes on my back and my baby because it got very violent…I have tried asking him nicely and he tells me to where to go and how to get there ( using choice words that are not lady like to repeat).

I would like to know how/if I can make him let me get my stuff back?

How can I get him to give me a health insurance card for my baby?
I have tried asking him to send one but he ignores my requests for one and the insurance company will not send me one.

Should I write his lawyer or ask the judge in court to order that he gives me a health insurance card for my son?

No one wins in divorce only the Lawyers do!