Possible criminal conversation suit

Ok. As noted in a separate thread. Wife had an affair during the marriage. Marriage is intact, no separations papers or divorce in effect. But she has said she has been unhappy. The affair has been confirmed by a pregnancy. I am not sure what the paramour has, but I do want to make him pay for messing with a family. I know it takes 2, but this guy ignored my presence. And I want to hit him where it counts if I have to. His father is also a divorce lawyer so I am sure he is well aware of what he was doing. His family is wealthy but this guy is a college flunky who stays in his dads apartment complex. Is there anyway of knowing what assets he has prior to filing and me
Spending my hard earned money?

You can check public registry websites such as the Register of Deeds and the county tax office to see what assets, if any, he owns.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.