Car Insurance and car payments - In my post separation support agreement, my spouse agreed to continue paying the car payments and insurance on the car that I’m driving, which is in his name. We had 2 cars,both in his name, we each kept one. Recently, as he traded in the car he had for a new sports car, Im assuming when he added it to the policy he realized the insurance through our company was more than he wants to pay. But he did not mention any of that , he just suddenly decided to pay off the balance on the car Im driving( so now he is no longer paying a car payment for me) and remove the comp and collision off of the car Im driving and it is a joint policy so Ive gone round and round reactivating the coverage and he immediately removes it again, but now he has threatened that he is sending the insurance company the proof that he is the owner of the car since he paid it off and he has the title now, and get me removed from the policy. Keep in mind that our 18 year old daughter is driving this car too, we are having to share it since he stole/took back the car which he previously gave her to keep. So if either of us has an accident we will not get anything from the car for repairs or replacement. This is extremely stressful for myself and our daughter knowing we dont have this coverage anymore as now there is only liability and uninsured motorist coverage on it
Is he allowed to do this? Is he violating our agreement? Can the judge do anything about this when we go to court??
Since he left and moved in with his paramour, which he got engaged to before the divorce and has recently married her 2 weeks after our divorce and her divorce from her husband, he has been doing several spiteful and malicious things.
- He is Withholding and refusing to give me the new registration paper and sticker to the car myself and daughter are driving, so we r driving with expired sticker from March 2019.
- He gave our daughter his car to keep permanently (so we assumed he would purchase another car for himself, and he was living with , working with and riding together with his paramour). Nine months later, right after I made $500 in repairs to the car so she could keep driving it safely, he came to our daughters school in the middle of the day while she was in class with no notice and secretly stole the car from her with all of her things in it and left her stranded thinking a stranger stole the car. After several failed attempts to get the car back from him, (the car is in his name) he traded it in for his new sports car, and has never returned all of our daughters items that were in the car including class notes and school items and he even refused to return her anxiety medication and told us he threw it away along with her other things.We have both email and text message proof that he gave her the car to keep permanently.
- In our post separation agreement he agreed to pay/reimburse me for a portion of our daughters medical bills and he has not reimbursed or paid towards any of them at all.
- In court when we signed our post separation agreement he told my lawyer he would help pay something towards an over due cell phone bill I had for myself and our daughter, but he lied and never did, and then when asked about it, he refused.
- Since the separation the whole past year and even now, he will tell our daughter that he will do anything for her and provide her what ever she needs, but has never done a single thing to help or care for her since he left. She has asked him repeatedly for help with so many things that she has needed this past year including money towards clothes, school stuff and a car so she can drive to school and work and doctors appointments etc. He has 2 incomes now, his and paramours as they have been living together (and are married now) for almost a year and a half. He has been making large purchases with credit cards every month, like thousands of dollars worth and paying them right off.
- He has a masters degree, he got his masters degree 2 weeks before he left me, and he is not putting it to use on purpose because he makes alot more money than I do, he has always been the “bread winner” and does not want to pay me more alimony when it gets decided and he is comfortable having her income to rely on too.
***Do you think there is anything I can do about these things when we go to court?
I have presented all of these things as they have happened to my lawyer but aside from hundreds and thousands of dollar charges for emailing them about these things, they have not resolved any of these issues… I feel like its hopeless and I feel like pulling my hair out at this point.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.