Pro Bono

Not to sound pessimistic (spelling???), but if he tore the one YOU did, most likely, he’ll tear up the one the lawyer does. He doesn’t have to sign an agreement at all.

I know it’s frustrating. A document or letter from a lawyer MAY make him more attentive, but I don’t know of any lawyer who would do that ProBono. Maybe someone else will have ideas.

Child support enforcement will represent you for free, once you start receiving child support that might help with your financial situation.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Does anyone know of an attorney in the Raleigh area that may consider doing a separation agreement Pro Bono? My husband has abandoned me and our children has tore up the separtaion agreement I drafted on my own. So I see the only way to deal with him is through the legal process, but because of the financial strain I can not afford the cost associated with legal fees…Is there anyone who can give me some advice???