Hello, this is a great site and very informative. Thanks for having it.

My year separation has passed and everything is settled. I have completed the documents from this site, but am confused. I can’t find any information about the procedure to file, like do I send the defendant papers before filling with the Clerk of Court? Which papers? Could you please give me the order and steps to take from here?

I performed a search and found a similar question asked. A link was provided, but it was a bad link. My county’s Clerk of Court office doesn’t want to answer the question.

Thank you


The complaint and summons are served upon the defendant after filing, as the clerk will issue the summons then.
Our DIY service actually provides a step by step guide to the process as well.