Question about Do It Yourself divorce

I live in Wake Co. I’ve been reading the FAQ on this website about the “Do it yourself divorce”, and there’s something that’s not evident to me. When I go to the 1st floow of 316 Fayetteville to request the sheriff’s office to serve the summons, do I have to pay the $167 for the divorce right then, or do I have to wait until I get back the summons with the served notice to file for divorce, and then pay the $167?

The 167 is paid when you file the complaint for divorce with the clerk. The clerk issues the summons at that time.

The sheriff’s office is where you take the filed complaint and the summons to be served. The fee for service is $15.00.