Refusing to provide insurance card

On our custody / child support court papers, it says that he has to provide me with a copy of our son’s insurance card (since I’m not on the policy) and he is refusing to give it to me. His attorney has even asked him for it, and he won’t give it to them either. I can’t take my son to the doctor without it… is there a motion I can file to demand a copy??

If your court order requires that he provide you with a copy of the insurance card and he has willfully violated the provisions, then you can file for contempt against him (motion for order to appear and show cause).

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.