I already answered this post. Please see look there for my answer.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Help!! I served my wife with seperation papers 8 weeks ago. Gave them to her directly. She said she wanted to go thru a mediator instead. Go to mediation, everything mediator suggest wife replies “no”. Now she refused to sign papers at all. Seperation papers, even mediator told me are extremely fair, giving her house, all furnishings, car, she has already cleaned out all accounts in the amount of $10,000. I am only asking for split custody of our twin daughters, she of course refuses. We both earn very good money. My lawyers suggestion is to keep throwing money at her to get her to sign, ex. pay off her vehicle, up child support to $1800 per month, agree to pay house payment till children are of age, $1100 per month. I am currently living in our downstairs bedroom. My questions is, what can I do legally in order to leave the residence and start a life with my children if she will not sign the papers? I have no problem paying child support or taking care of my children. What are my legal options ? I am considering another lawyer but would like more info before I shell out more $$$. Thank you for any help you can give me…