Social Security benefits and Child Support Guideli


Dear gatorjohn:

Greetings. Just type in an extra line in the Motion for Modification of Child Support. You cannot do the motion and notice of hearing in the same document. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


my son recieves $890 per month from social security on my behalf since he is under 18 and I am retired. I iunderstand that North Carolina child support laws deduct that amount from any child support ordered by the court that I am required to pay. My question is:

Where do I reflect this in the Motion and Notice of hearing for Modification of Child Support Order.