I am sorry, but I cannot answer these questions with the level of detail required without a consultation.

However, if you are facing jail time based on the most recent hearing, you should absolutely have an attorney represent you. If are indigent you will be given court appointed counsel at this hearing.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I’m again the one who has a criminal husband (long family line/connections in this town)who stripped me of all ($300K and property) after one yr of marriage. Have not a dime for a lawyer in a biased rural southern court where as he sued me for bed and board in May. ALL my separate property as by law, nothing commingled, all from my IRA before marriage home/valuables/vehicle, rushed me to interim hearing in May and Judge verbally attacked me ordering my cash paid only working paid for truck 2001 be turned over to this criminal with 15 pg criminal history/15 aliases and expensive items which I paid much by my IRA and other is on credit cards in my name only which 5 creditors are suing me for in my financial crisis. I am indigent from theft, forgery, etc etc.
Last week went into court pro se and I was immediately arrested/shackled based on LIES from a criminal that I hid the truck and would not turn over a in June when he was accompanied by sheriff. I did NOT say a word. The truck was on my property. He didnt pick up cause he does not have insurance…and that was part of the order on condition he had insurance which I dropped his coverage on my policy in May and car is solely in my name. HORROR.
If more valuable equipment which was not intended for him but for my prvious business with same situation is not turned over in few days I will be put in jail. Have gone to MANY lawyers that say I HAVE TO HAVE A LAWYER but all want $5000 up front and understand…but I dont have it and cant stop the madness.
This judge can not be any worse than he already is, with ALL objectivity and with all truth have I stated leaving out nothing that warrants this…
Can I file for Judge to recuse…and would this STALL all?
Have to reply to what do you call it…answers to opppoistion lawyers questionings
Can I appeal? order a recovery? of err in decision to have these truck and all returned? What is best method and what is it called? and will it STOP this til another decision made?
I have to do something in court tomorrow or my life is down the drain…plus
what kind of countercomplaint should I do? Just name the filing and I will look up examples…somehow. I have filled out an indigent form for court.
BTW I have tried to see the D.A. for this man’s criminal acts…fraud by deception, forgery etc but am fluffed off, given the run around from one place to another.
I tried in last hearing, presented evidence of his perjury on marriage application and another marriage not stated with no divorce found in NC but was ignored. Asking for validation. It is said that this Judge is called the hanging judge and is anti-women divorcing whiteville (town) men.
Please have patience with me…and forgive me for bothering.

Jessica Almond