Spousal support alimony

My husband walked out the door in April. We were in the middle of adopting 3 kids. He was our sole support. He also cheated for 11 years with men and is now with another woman. I am trying to find pro bono or at least an estimated cost of pursuing this.

You will need to file a court action for alimony, among any other claims that are necessary. You can ask for reimbursement of attorney’s fees in your court complaint.

Take a look at our Attorney Fee Calculator to get an idea of what attorney’s fees for your situation might be.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.