Spousal support

I was awarded spousal support in 1996, I have it in a judgment. All these years I have been making collection child support my priority, which I had to go to court several times during that time for enforcement. I never collected the spousal support, Can I still collect on the child support after all this time? It was $200 a month until I went back to work, which I did 3 years later, after our divorce, so my ex-husband owes me apprx. $7800 total in spousal support. Also, can I do this myself, or do I need an attorney? Also, the judgment is in NC and my ex-husband still lives in NC…I live in Florida now.

No, you will not be able to collect the spousal support that was owed to you between 1996 and 1999. In North Carolina, you only have 10 years to have a court order enforced.