Strange behavior

Here it is. Thank you so much for yor hard work and time. As you can see I am very concerned, but I am not sure what to do.

bump

Have you been in contact with anyone who has given you any advice on how to obtain custody of your child and/or have visitation rights taken from the father? The reason I ask is this sounds like one of the “textbook stories” that women’s shelters and women’s rights groups give to mothers to deny the father custody and/or have visitation taken away. In fact, this story is so cliche`d, it might backfire on you in court.

It is crazy!!! and that is why I am asking for advice. Do you really think that if I were making it up, I would post it on a PUBLIC forum asking for advice?? I am a very strong believer that children need BOTH parents. And FYI I have still been sending my son to his fathers every other weekend, despite the fact that he is making over 6figures and hasnt paid support in 4 weeks. Not to metion I allowed him to use the “joint” calculator, just to avoid conflict. My love for my child is FAR greater than my disgust in my ex. I think having his daddy in his life is just as important as having his mommy. I am concerned for my child as any parent would be, considering the behavior he displayed. Here is my question to you: If this were your 2 year old what would you do?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by hawkman[/i] [br]Have you been in contact with anyone who has given you any advice on how to obtain custody of your child and/or have visitation rights taken from the father? The reason I ask is this sounds like one of the "textbook stories" that women's shelters and women's rights groups give to mothers to deny the father custody and/or have visitation taken away. In fact, this story is so cliche`d, it might backfire on you in court.

Dear almostdone:

Greetings. You should address your concerns with your ex in writing. Send him a detailed explanation of what happened, ask him for an explanation on why your child knows about this type of behavior and ask for some suggestions on how you can both ensure that your child’s morality is protected. My suggestion is that you be ready to have the difficult discussion with him about your expectations for his behavior when your child is around. Then, after the discussion, make sure you follow up again in writing.

Also, you may want to enroll your child in counseling when he is old enough. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My 2yr.old son was at his fathers 2 weekends ago,this past weekend we had his 4 yr old cousin sleep over. While they were watching TV before they went to bed he started kissing her feet and working his head up her legs when he got to her upper thighs he started shaking his head fast. I immediately told him to stop. Then he went to the foot of the bed and said “Im gonna get naked” I told him that if he acted like that or said that he would be in trouble. I then asked “Who does that?” He said “my daddy always do that to (his gf’s name)” We were divorced in January and is living with his gf. They have only been together for 3.5 months. His previou gf moved in w/her 2 kids after only dating 6 months, and she admitted to me that they would have sex in the bed while my son was in the bed. Tomorrow my ex wants to pick up our son and I am very concerned, I know I cant keep him from his father, and if he wasnt such irrational choicesI wouldnt want to, but his dad is making some terrible decisions that I feel I need to protect my baby from. Do you have any suggestions for me?