Subpoena for Alienation of Affection Case


I am being subpoenaed for a case against my sister where the wife of her ex is suing for alienation of affection and criminal conversations. I do not want to testify as the emotional damage this situation has caused has already effected me deeply. Is there anyway to get out of the subpoena? The wife’s attorney is issuing the subpoena.


If you have been served with the subpoena you must appear and testify in court unless doing so is found to be an undue burden or expense (long distance to travel to the court house, missing work).