Sueing my husband for emotional and mentally abuse

Dear Kovu:

First, stop giving him your day to day life. He left, get over it. What you are going to tell me is that it is hard. I KNOW THIS, but you have a child who needs you to be physically and mentally in charge. Do not let your husband take your life away from you. You are letting him do that.

There is no quicky fix, but you are entitled to child support. I doubt that filing for alimony would be adventageous for you, but you may have a fantastic alienation of affection claim. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks. I am going to take your what you have said to heart and work on those things.

Thanks again,
Kovu

Good for you! Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been married for 1yr to a man that I dated in highschool. We have one son together who is 6yrs old. the marriage has never happen. We got married in May, 2002 and he was gone in Aug., 2002. Which he completely up and left with out a trace. Which this put me in a deep depression and I had to take medical leave from work for 3mos. He did come back in Dec.,2002 and he was gone again in Jan.,2003. He did admit that he was seeing someone else all this time, but he said he do want his marriage and this was in Sept, 2003.
It has been the hardest thing for me to let go of my marriage. Because I do not feel like I have been given a chance to have one. Him and this girl have been seeing each other before we got married. She has money!!! My husband is medical discharged from the military nad has been driving semi-trucks long distances. The girlfried said that she would buy him a truck and help him start a business and this was right at the time we had just got married. That is the reason for him being gone. He has always wanted his own truck and I knew that and she did too. So, she made it happen for him. I love my husband but there has been one lie after another. I do not have any way of getting in contact with him besides leaving messages from place to place. I just had to go to mental ward for 2 days behind all of this. He did come and discharge me and took me home this was Dec.1, 2003. I have not seen him sense. He has only called twice sense then and up to today. But yet he does not want to sign separation papers or divorce papers. I do want my marriage if he is going to be the husband and father he is suppose to be. But, right now I want to know if I can sue my husband for emotional and mental abuse towards me. And what else can I get or do so that I can get myself and my children back on the right track financially. We do not have any bills together but there is a mortgage loan that I did take out on my house but this was before we got married and he agreed to help me pay that loan back. Which he has not done. But it has left me and my children in a financial bind. I want to make sure that I get what we deserve. Before I just think he us people to get what he wants. I never noticed it before but I have sat back and thought about some of the others things he has done to me and others. He this is a pattern with him and I want him to see that this is wrong what he is doing. I have tried to tell him that and he does not think so and he try to make me feel like I am the stupid one. But he is not in this by hisself his mother supports him in all of this, even the girlfriend staying at her house every sense we have been married if not before. I need some help on what I can do and how to go about doing it at this point. I do not have money for an attorney but I need some help quick for financial reasons. I want to get out of this debt. Can I sue him?