Summer camp

is the “1/3 of child related expenses” in lieu of child support? Do you get child support? Did you ask him before you signed them up? Why sign them up if he is not going to agree to pay for a portion?

It would appear that summer camp is a child related expense. If your ex is refusing to pay you will need to file a Motion to Show Cause. the court will decide what is included in child related expenses at that time.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have a court order that says my ex is supposed to pay 1/3 of child related expenses. Does that include summer camp? I have signed them up but he is refusing to pay his share. He has said he doesn’t have a problem with them going he just won’t agree to pay for it. Will the court force him to pay?

Thanks for the forum.