Teens and Visitation

I suggest that you contact a child psychologist and work with that expert to devise a plan. Hopefully, both parents can talk with the psychologist and follow the plan together. Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

After 7 years of no contact and no support my son’s mother has filed a motion for visitation. My wife and I did not terminate parental rights because we always wanted him to have the opportunity to see his mother. What would be a reasonable progression and what do we do if he refuses to see her? WE live about 6 hours away from her and in another state.