What constitutes harassment?

Hi, I am going through the process of divorce. Still have interim/permanent property distribution. My question is what constitutes harassment with emails? My spouse emailed me 27 times at least in February. Which may not sound like excessive, but most are not necessary. And it is 27 times more communication I received than when we were living together. I feel like he is trying to get a reaction from me. He questions me and my care for our child. He will email several times in one day but let each email have one subject. I have tried to just not respond, but it is getting overwhelming. He will repeat emails, saying I have not responded to him. If I respond, he picks apart my response. It seems like he is trying to document negative things about me and trying to act like things are my fault. It seems like it is getting worse as time goes by. As I opened the latest email, I literally broke out in hives with the stress.

I don’t know what recourse I have. Can I tell him not to email me? Would my lawyer have any recourse? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Your ex’s behavior is excessive, but I do not think it rises to the level of harassment. I would suggest you reply to him and state that you will only respond to 2 emails a week, and see if that changes things.