What shall i do?


Dear danielkennedy:

Greetings. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please check with the North Carolina State Bar for referrals in Rutherford County, as we do not currently have a referral on our website.

Also, your ex wife’s new husband’s income should be a consideration in the child support calculation. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I spent 4 years obtaining a divorce in Rutherford Co., North Carolina. For those 4 years, my attorney suggested i continue paying all bills for my ex-wife. After 1 year of separation, we were
officially divorced from the states eyes. My attorney kept insisting me paying all the bills then and then finally in November of 2003,
the agreement was finally obtained. I am an airline pilot, and paid a total of $140,000. in bills for her and my children during those 3 1/2 yrs. , and was told that this amount would be deducted from the final settlement. However, at the final settlement, the courts
said I owed her an additional $33,000.00 lump sum and $1000. per month for child support. My attorney failed to ever answer my
questions, and I was told this is way it should be, and too bad for me!, upon completion of the final agreement. My salary has been reduced, especially after the 9-11 attacks on America.
I have lost everything, my inheritance, all, I believe for lack of
representation. I need help. My ex wife is now remarried,
and I do not believe calculation of her income or her new
husbands was figured in my child support. Please refer me
to a GOOD legal counsel, who can advise me. My phone number is 316-943-8406 (speak to Judith or me) or my cell is
203-610-7701. I am a professional person who needs a professional and reliable counsel to help me.

Thank You,
Daniel C. Kennedy