What steps to take when child turns 18

What steps need does the non-custodial parent take to reduce child support payments when one of the children that that parent is paying child support for turns 18 and is not in college?

You need to file a motion to terminate support based on the child reaching the age of majority.

Does this require hiring an attorney or can an individual file with the courts?

You may file pro se (without an attorney). Many counties offer self serve clinics to assist folks who chose not to retain an attorney. You may also want to consider joining our “DIY” service for sample documents and access to an attorney.