When Child Support Ends


If you are paying through the courts, it is a good idea to notify the clerk’s office to avoid overpayment, however, you are not under any obligation to do so unless the order itself states as such.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax
email: angel@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My child support will end in November of this year. What are the steps to take when this time comes? Paper work, notifing the Child Support office, clerk of courts. Or is this something that I will have to pay a laywer to handle?
Thanking you in advance for your reply.
Thank you for this website:)