Wife Harrassing Me


Dear blondie:

Greetings. You may be able to file a restraining order against her, but I doubt that would get the response you want. I am wondering why you are not worried about her filing an alienation of affection and/or criminal conversation lawsuit against you?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Have had an on-again, off-again affair with a close friend who was previously my boss. His wife found out we were seeing one another and pitched a total fit even though she didn’t and hasn’t loved him in years. She insisted that he move out which he did in June of this year but now she won’t leave us alone. She stays camped outside my office every chance she gets to watch him come and go to my office. Of course she always makes sure she’s on a public street so I can’t have her (or her private investigator) ordered off company property. Every opportunity she gets she tells anyone and everyone about our affair (all the while making herself sound like a saint!). What can I legally do to get this woman off my back? It’s a small town. I sent her an e-mail threatening to take her to court for slander. My boss (who is an attorney) also sent her an e-mail and told her never to call my office again (which she hasn’t). It seems like she is holding all the cards. She doesn’t want her husband back but doesn’t seem to want anyone else to have him either.