Alienation of affection

Grits_girl,

You are allowed to file an action for AOA and/or CC yourself, but it’s probably not a good idea. Those particular actions usually involve a jury trial, and, as with almost any court action, I would not advise anyone without legal training to “go it alone.”

David L. McGuire
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCdivorce.com
(919)787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

David thanks for the Info. Myhusband left me for his first love of 32 years ago. He aboanded me with no hme no car and me on SSD for MS. I have tlked to the other women and have tpe conversations of her telling me how she called my house and how that he went to her in PA. I have no money for lawyer but want to persue this action so how do I proceed. are there forms or do I need to get a copy of an action and retype with my situation and info in the new one. Thank you for your help so glad to hear tht
i can pursue this on my own. Thank you Olivia[:)]

Grits girl,

There are no forms that you can get to file such an action. However, if you go to your local court house, the clerk may be able to point you to a file with the type of complaint you are looking for. It is really a much better idea to hire an attorney to do this for you. You may even be able to recover some of your attorneys fees in the action. You should also keep in mind that an alienation action is asking for monetary damages from the 3rd party. If they do not have anything for you to get, it may not be worth the money you will spend up front to pursue the action.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
NCdivorce.com
email: sstanback@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Grits girl,

There are no forms that you can get to file such an action. However, if you go to your local court house, the clerk may be able to point you to a file with the type of complaint you are looking for. It is really a much better idea to hire an attorney to do this for you. You may even be able to recover some of your attorneys fees in the action. You should also keep in mind that an alienation action is asking for monetary damages from the 3rd party. If they do not have anything for you to get, it may not be worth the money you will spend up front to pursue the action.

The costs of such an action can be up to $60,000.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
NCdivorce.com
email: sstanback@rosen.com

I am looking for info an filing such an acrion. Are there forms where I can do this myself? If not what does your firm charge for such an action