Disabled wife evicted

My husband had me evicted I am disabled and was being abused. Emotionally, mentally & financially. I had restraining order. But I had to leave. No support, I paid a lawyer 30,000$ and ended up with nothing! Not even divorced and it’s been 3 years since I left home. I am in HUD housing. Ex tried getting back together.He has been started a second business, bought another Harley, another car, trailer. And I am on welfare, without a car. Married 8 years. How does this happen!?

Each case is different and it is impossible to analyze the circumstances of yours without knowing details.

You should file a claim for postseparation support and alimony.

Will You Owe Your Spouse Alimony After a Divorce? is a detailed article that explains the ins and outs of alimony and is applicable even in your situation as the spouse needing support.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I spent 30,000$ and ran out. 3 years later in hud housing. I tried getting back with him as it was safer than where I live now. He has another buisness, another Harley, fixed another truck we bought together,a new trailer, possibly another property, son running one buisness, no debit. I couldn’t handle it. He wouldn’t even let me borrow a vechile for a day

I had meds locked up, doors locked, food hidden. No access to money, credit. I have pictures proof. Dr letters. My ex has been to my apartment. HUD housing. Heard the shootings (that happen weekly! ) the abuse from property manager. No reasonable request for accommodation. My husband watched me fight. Be over charged. And walked out again! And is aware they illegally towed my car! Never gave me parking spot after Dr request. My husband went “ home “ I don’t ever get to. Nor can I afford any lawyer at 900$ a month in disability. And I have called everyone! Litterally! About him, disability. ADA, HUD, legal aide & everyone in between! They are sorry. And here is another phone number. That won’t work. I am at breaking point. Done. No point

You may be interested in our Rosen Do It Yourself Divorce (rosen.com). This gives you full access to a library of forms and explanations and an attorney to answer your questions. It is $199 a month and you can cancel when you are finished. This may be a good option for you without having to spend thousands of dollars retaining an attorney.

Alternatively, check out our Sample Court Complaint that you can use as a guide to draft your own complaint for property division (equitable distribution), alimony, and/or child support.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.