Do men get justice

This is why I’m sueing my attorney she did’t tell the judge that I already had custody of the children 3 years earliear before we got to court and when I filed C/S she filed it for my wife talk about fuming mad Oh man … What a ride this has been
“Now should this been told to the courts maybe but would he listen heck no.” Now I demand they listen I hope they bring in 50 attorneys just so I can cuse each on of them out in public !!!

Disbelief in the system

Go get em I hope you get what you want.
Question can’t she be disbared from law if this was to happen? She is suppose to look out for your rights this is why you pay her right no? I know how you feel I feel mine was looking of my STBX then me but when she got up WOW did she stick it to her the STBX was looking like a monkey on the stand [:D] and to tell you I never went on the stand WHY? The judge said he heard enough and now its a 50/50 until next month a bunch of crap again but I did tell my lawyer that this is it no more I want the sep agg and the CS and CC done at this time so I can move and get my divorce done [:D] long over due
Sorry that you are not happy about all this but in time you get waht you should you will see
Bye for now

I found this post on another forum, and thought I would copy and paste it since this discussion is going on here. I liked it cause I have already started doing some of this, like I mentioned I had a state legislature call me for a meeting, and already have made some post on local sites asking for people to contact me with thier stories and must be able to prove what they are telling me. ETC…

But thought some of you might be interested in it…

What is really need is to put a bill before the politicians to pull some of the teeth from DHS & CS. The old adage absolute power corrupts absolutely defiantly applies to these groups. The federal government needs to be pulled out of the equation entirely and states need to implement reasonable payment solutions instead of some ridiculous assumption that anyone could survive on as little as 35% of their of their gross monthly income. Legal allowances need to be made for new families of non-custodial parents, and in general the laws need to be modified to be fair to both the paying parent and the child. The children

Like to also say thank you brokenheartedad for the wonderful post [:)]

What people courts attorneys state agencys and all tend to forget is the law … The law states the obligations to the children, The law says contributions to marriage, finacial obligations etc etc… But attorneys who we trust to present the information to the courts fail, deciede the path and limit the truth to frustrate and decieve thier client is outside of the law. when the judge call both attorneys to chambers then all the sudden an order of the court is produced wages and bills are not presented to the court, or falsly contained in an order of the court Something is wrong well too bad mr divorce she gets what she gets lick your wounds and go home.
It’s a fight I have been told I cannot win but I sure can drive them crazy trying and eventually someone will take notice I pray …[^]

Disbelief in the system

Dear FATHERDORIGHT:

Greetings. The answer is yes, there are many men that obtain custody or alimony. Good luck with your situation.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I just found out today that the judge I have looks [:(] towards the woman more then they do men and he is a minority. Try and get that though the state.
So yes you are right men still do not get the fair shake then woman. Want more info look at my post and you will see why I say this and trust me there is more to tell just hope the STBX wakes up.
Thank you

I feel your pain it seems like when men can prove that mom has issues the courts send you through all kinds of programs to help the mom but when reversed they just hit the gavel and tell the man to pay

Nationally, about 85% of custodial parents are females. My hunch is the NC stats are similar. Something is not right with this picture. How is it that statutes that state (for the most part) that mother and father are on equal footing with regard to initial custody award result in such an unbalanced outcome?

I have reluctantly concluded that the “custody system” is systemically biased in favor of women. In an absolute sense, there may be many men who are awarded primary custody. On a percentage basis, however, they constitute only a small minority. Unless the mother is physically abusive, a drug addict, alcoholic, prostitute, or doesn’t want the kids, any man seeking primary physical custody of his children in a contested custody situation in North Carolina will, in all likelihood, be unsuccessful.

Is there any way someone can get factual statistic on this I’ll love to see the stats for North Carolina.

Will you guys just stop! I have read your posts for months now and it seems that you are all in a major mess with messed up ex

Sandy your forum was very rude!!!

Yes, not all cases of divorce, child custody, etc… are a mess, and there is always 2 sides of the story. But sad to say most cases are a terriable mess more then not. I do get so tired of hearing that you married them its your own fault. Every body changes, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.

And some people do get royaly screwed over, and not being able to do a darn thing about it makes you feel real down, so frustrated, and just plain awful feeling.

And doing something like venting with others, or just plain ond typing out their feelings in some ways help, let them vent.

Dont like listening to their story? Dont click on their post!

Rude???

This is a board for legal issues, attorneys will respond, Look at the crap that is populating the board lately.

People need to face reality, YES IT IS OUR OWN MAKING. Sorry if you don’t like hearing it. I married a bum also, I knew it when I did, I didn’t want to admit it, I thought I could change him, and over 20 years later I am surviving without him. I paid a HUGE PRICE. Do I complain about it? No not really, because that doesn’t help, I have MOVED ON!

PLEASE MOVE ON, TAKE THESE TYPE OF POSTS TO THE OTHER ISSUES.

I somewhat agree with Sandy,this post needs to end but Sandy you must understand from a mans point of view that men get screwed wether they are good fathers or bad but I guess its okay for men to pay for marring a NUT but a woman should be compensated for not being a wife/mother. 80% of the time there is no justice for men.

Fatherdoright - I do understand your frustration, you probably have been wronged, but I think your statement that 80% of the time the male gets the shaft, is not true.

More like 80% of the time the male walks away and leaves the child with the mom because that is what society says they should do. 20% of the time they deside that they need to do the right thing by the child and be a very active influence in that childs life. Most of the time the mother resents this and makes it very difficult for the father.

I think you are in the 20%, it’s not about the money but the child. Unfortunately everything cost money and it is draining you dry, and money does become an issue because the unfit mother will not let go. She can control the situation this way.

You sound like a good man, don’t let the frustration with the system in your case make you an angry bitter man. Life is way to short for that!

Actually I’m not made at the women(do what you do to get what you want)I’m pissed at the system, IT NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED. Since I started this post I would like it if the moderater to discontinue it.

Yes, the men do get screwed. When a man is left with little to support themselves, they end up either giving up and quiting their job and leaving the state or committing suicide.

I will know how bad I am going to get screwed on May 9th.
I am too old and tired for the fight and my attorney has not given me any hope.

So, I pray to god each day for a heart attack so my kids can at least collect on my insurance policy!

Phil

WOW Phils
Life can not be that bad for you and anyone else.
Look at the other side of the coin you have you and there will be someone that will come to your life you will see.
Yes the system needs to be looked at like I said a while ago in this post the system is way to old needs to change just like people do are all men & women bad no they are not are some of these people bad you bet they are and these are the ones that hurt the system and use the system. My STBX wants to sell my children to me for $50K I have it on tape and from an email form her what a loser she is but life will go on and I just hope when the judge heres this that he will just look at her and say thats she is money and maybe say to me here are the children. I just hope he will but until then I wait and hope.
I hope all this would end but in a world of hate how can it we need to have more love and to show more love this is what I want and I give it too[:D].
Bye for now

Guys,
It does suck… My attorney and now my best friend has held me together pretty good…After a year and three months I am divorced…Found out that other than the affair that broke up the marraige, there was other affairs in the past when I did DNA test…He held me together when news was worse than expected… That’s the only thing that has been resolved (a divorce)…My custody evaluation was signed last Friday and now all the documentation that I have discovered and misuse of the legal system by the X and her 5 different lawyers( hired than fired and " please let me withdraw, I don’t want to go down with this one") over this time period can finally be shown…This was the best way… All e-mails, video tapes, purjuried depositions left and right, etc, etc…Janet - you know my lawyer… If you were to ask him, I have more documented items in his law office than 50 of his clients…I read early on that you document everything and find all documents that support each other and their meaning, and purpose… I knew this would come down to a custody evaluation…My lawyer is handling my AOA and Criminal Conversation lawsuits as well as my other lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress lawsuit against another man as well…It is amazing how lawyers from the otherside have wanted to include the settlement for the above suits into the ED portion of my divorce as well as custody mediation, one big dollar amount and make everything go away…(I don’t see a big band-aid for my heart anywhere…) Which is common, but I promised my attorney and swore he would get his chance trying one of these and I will not settle…I’m trying to talk him into letting me do half the opening statement as well as half the closing- My time to speak!!!Find a lawyer who you trust, reputation or in my case instinct when I met him…
Remember men, there are some very good women out there…I found one… The system does favor them but every now and then a good father sneaks one by. Just don’t give up…

"Child Support Tragedies

Have a story to tell, let us know

Every year 24,000 men commit suicide. Every 22 minutes one male commits suicide. Based on the fact that a divorced male is 2.5 to 3 times more likely to commit suicide than the average male, the estimate for divorced men, most likely fathers since there is tremendously more trauma placed on them, committing suicide every year would be 15,000 to 18,000 men. When will it stop? How will it stop? Where is the men