False restraining order


Dear ure:

Greetings. At the time of the domestic violence action, you should file a cross motion for sanctions and request for attorney fees, which would help to make her accountable. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


A woman takes out a restraining order claiming she had been assulted. What she is really doing is trying to get her husband thrown out of the house. The husband later proves that the claimed assult did not happen. Is the wife ever held accountable for this action?