Hurting Father ... Continued

Again, if you are not the child’s biological parent you do not have any parental rights–no rights to visitation. However, if you can show that your wife is unfit, then you may be able to gain custody of the child in court. Otherwise, you should try to get her to agree to allow you to spend time with the little girl in a separation agreement that addresses custody.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I’ve sent off the Paternity Test and I should have the results by either Thursday or Friday. If the results do in fact say that I’m not the biological father of my little girl, then do i have an possible recourse to see her? Is there anything that I can do legally so that I can continue to be a part of her life, for her to continue to be a part of my life?

If you know of anything then please let me know …