Hurting Father ... Continued

Personal counseling/therapy, if you can get it. And even then it will be hard. Good Luck with all that. I wish you the best.

I absolutely agree that counseling is a great idea, but I also think that you may not want to look at the paternity test UNTIL you speak with an attorney and learn what your rights are. It is my opinion that you are gambling with your daughter’s future. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

The future of this little girl has never been more clear to me than it is now … I was there for every step of the pregnancy, for the delivery, and I have woken up to her little smiles every single day for the past seven months. Weather or not I’m her biological father has no bearing on the love that I have for her and the support that I’ll gladly provide for her either way. I’m sitting here now looking at her pictures, dreading the moment when I get notified of the results, but knowing that she will always be my little girl, my sweetheart. This topic gets me very emotional and I apologize if that might make some posters unconfortable, but if it turns out that my worst fears are confirmed and she’s not my biological daughter then the thought of the deception and pain that it caused is really over bearing.

I need the results for piece-of-mind, but no matter what they say I will always be her father and she will always be my daughter and I’ll love her just the same (if not more). I can’t change that.

Dear MAmodeo:

Yes, you will always be her “daddy,” but if the results come back that this child is not biologically yours, you may be TOTALLY BARRED from seeing her in the future. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I’ve sent off the home paternity test and I should have the results back by either Thursday or Friday, but I can’t help but wonder if I really want to know the answers. I’ve used the entire weekend to spend as much time as possible with my daughter. She has 4 new teeth, 2 are just coming in, and it seemed as if her only comfort was being held. I held her until she would fall asleep and then for hours after that.

I can’t imageine what I’ll do if the results of the paternity test show that I’m not her biological father. Can anyone tell me how to deal with the pain? The pain from missing her so damned much, from not seeing every little aspect of her life as she grows from day-to-day, from not being able to hold her those times when she needs it the most, from not being able to hear her say the words “I love you daddy” … how do you cope, how can I cope?

Please … if anyone has had to deal with this type of situation then help me know that the pain goes away and help me understand how.