Hurting Father

Dear MAmodeo:

Greetings. First, you NEED to go and speak with an attorney and plan your strategy around your main goal…to keep this beautiful little girl in your life.

Do you care if she is not biologically yours? If it is not the main concern, I would get her to agree that the child is yours and negotiate a custody arrangement with your spouse (who apparently just wants “out”) that gives you liberal time. This may make is so that your daughter stays in your life.

If she is not biologically yours, you generally cannot obtain custody rights of any kind. Best of luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I’m about to become seperated, as this is what my wife said that she wants, needs. She has told me that there’s nothing there at all, that she feels absolutely nothing for me, that it’s been over for a long time, and that she gave up several years ago. What I’m about to learn is weither or not my 7 month old daughter is actually my biological daughter. If my worst fears turn out to be true then:

1)What would are my chances of getting full custody of my 2 sons that are definately biologically mine?

2)Is there any chance that I could get custody of my daughter, even though she isn’t mine biologically?

She’s my sweetheart, my little girl. I fell in love with her the moment that my wife told me that she was pregnant and that love’s done nothing but grow more and more with each passing day. I honestly can’t fathom what it might be like to wake up every morning and not having her smile be the last thing that i see before I leave for work and the first thing that I see when she gets home at night.

Please … if my worst fears come to pass then please tell me that there’s hope.