Based on your previous post, you really should engage an attorney. Nearly all income that you receive can be considered for child support purposes. So, your 1099 income can also be considered. The fact that you’re not making as much as you have in the past should be presented to the court. It will be up to the judge to decide how your fluctuations in income will be considered.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have one additional question which goes along with my earlier post. I am a saleperson with fluctuating income. I receive part of my income as salary and the remainder is 1099. Some years are good some not so. How will my income be determined? Also, is there any consideration given to the fact I lost my largest account this year?