Legal issues

I just want to let you know that you have given me more help in the past 3 weeks than I have been able to get from 3 different attorneys in this county for 2 years. I cannot figure out if they are that lacking in knowledge or if they are just corrupt or both…lol They gave me wrong information about severance pay/child support, no advice about filing motion to change the custody order that was incorrect, etc…unbelievable. I have never had such poor legal representation as I have had in this county where I presently live. Hopefully, things will change here. Blessings to you!

Its sounds like you and me are in the same boat.

My sister had the same problem…a do it yourselfer…she went to get forms at the clerk and was told she had to have a lawyer do it and when she went to put an “Notice by Publication” the local newspaper told her the same thing. She had to fight the newspaper to get her ad ran in the local paper. Am I allowed to mention what county?

Like your sister, everywhere I go to file motions or get subpoenaes served, they tell me I need to talk to an attorney…well, I try to explain to them that I HAVE TALKED TO AN ATTORNEY for 2 years and he does nothing to help me at all and then charges me for every single phone call and every email and for his presence in the courtroom in which he says very little and what he does say does not help me because he is not prepared for my case as he should be…unbelievable. I have had to consult other attorneys in different counties to get the correct advice on legal matters. (He is much like Adam Sandler’s lawyer in Anger Management if you have ever seen that movie)…I can probably look back on all this and laugh one day, but it is very stressful while going through it.

I honestly feel that the clerks are purposly being lazy and avoiding giving out the forms that you ask for, (and claim they cant advise you but legally they can give you ANY form that pertains to your questions), so that the local small town ecomony can keep its head above water.