Legal seperation


I can try to answer the military portion since I’m active duty. Depending on what branch of service your husband is in, depends on what he’s required to do/provide, called Interim Financial Support Measures. The Army requires so much of his check to go to supporting his family. Same as the Marines. The Air Force on the other hand, doesn’t have anything set up with regards to the amount, but they do require the military member to provide support. Check out the link for more information. … #P126_9041


Dear Frances:

Greetings. In North Carolina you can make a claim for child support through the North Carolina Child Support Agency, but issues of post separation and alimony generally require an attorney to assist you.

As far as the military providing you assistance, I recommend that you contact the local JAG office to inquire about their policies. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband is a reservist activated for the last three years. He’s been cheating on me at the whole marriage of 14 years. He’s stationed in another state. I want to file for legal seperation. I work part time and go to school full time. I have three children. We don’t own anything. I just want the rent paid which he barely pays now. His check goes to a joint acct but he spends most of it. Will the military assist me in any way. I don’t have the money for a lawyer. What are my options?

Thank You

shante anderson