Separated When Pregnant

I would ask him to print out that letter and give it to you so that you can give it to your lawyer if you have one…if not then keep i for your records and if he brings it up the judge might thell him he will not allow it since he could eaily edit the email, but still keep a copy of it in your records!

Also document everything…and I mean everything
( calls, when/if he sees the baby, support payments,emails and etc!

The more you have the better your chance of getting custody…
he already has a chance in he** because he has not attempted to see the baby or contact you.

My soon to be ex is trying to get custody and I ma documenting everything…he too does not have a chance in he** in getting custody because he has not made contact or seen the baby let alone paid a dime in support. It will look very bad on his end whe nthis goes to court! Oh and he took my baby off of his insurance…thats a bad thing in a judge’s eyes!

You should ask for child support and make him carry insurance on he baby also! He is the father so I think he has to anyways but I’d sill ask him to do that and to carry life insurance with you as the benificiary…and that you have all tax deduction rights to your child.

Good luck

No one wins in divorce only the Lawyers do!

Dear worriedmama:

Greetings. I cannot imagine how the letter could be used against you. The gentleman who assisted you should be thanked for being such a kind and gracious fellow. My suggestion is not to let him go.

Custody is always about the “best interests of your child.” Therefore, make your living situation the best for the child and your concerns will be minimal. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I was dating a man and found out I was pregnant. Within a few days we were married and I moved in with him. It was a mistake getting married so quickly, and things weren’t working, so I moved out within a month (with his encouragement).

I later signed a separation agreement and we lived separately the entire time of my pregnancy. The father did not participate in my pregnancy at all. After the birth of our son, the father did not come to see him. Then, after two months of no attempts at visitation, he decided to sue me for custody.

While I was pregnant, I had a male friend who was helping me by checking on me and making sure I was okay. After the birth of our son, my friend sent an angry e-mail to the father (without my knowledge) about how he hadn’t been involved through the difficulties of my pregnancy. My friend claimed that he had cared for me and the unborn child like it was his own family.

Could this email be used by the father to try to prove adultery? How can I prove that the other man was nothing more than a friend who had made sure I was okay and a friend that just happened to be male?