Seperation/support/alimony

Dear blueposley:

Greetings. Yes, you are legally separated. I don’t know if you can get alimony, since you have a signed, valid separation agreement in which you may have waived alimony. If you did not waive alimony, then yes, you can get alimony. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

OK In feb 2005 my husband and I (married 8 yrs) signed and got notarized a seperation agreement. It says he’ll opay $300/mth child support. We got back together (he left his girlfriend) the end of May 2006. We were supposed to be resuming our marital relationship. He went to work (on the road) , found out the ex g/f was pregnant. About 2 wks after he found out I did. He just told me over the phone after I found out he had been calling her and not me or the kids. Now they are together and he does not want to be married. When I found out he was going to be with her I quit my job (only been there a wk) to enroll in college full tim. I recieve food stamps, work first(tanf)and medicaid (for me and our 3 kids). Just a little note: 2005 i had him arrested for assualt on a female/communicating threats…He is a bad alcoholic and has had drug problems in the past (proof could be found at an old employer)
My questions are:Are we still legally seperated? Can I get alimony? And please give me any other info I may not be asking LOL.
THANK YOU SOOO much for any answers.