Visitation question

Your son needs to see a counselor. There needs to be rapport between he and his father, no matter how distasteful that may sound. Further, unless there is some compelling reason for your daughter to see him, any father willing to give up his only son should not be with your daughter.

Counseling - for everybody. You have a big emotional mess on your hands and you need all the input you can get.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

When I move to South Carolina, I know that my husband will have the right to see the kids, although only one is his, biologically. However, our son, who is 3, will not want to stay with his dad, even for a couple of days. The two of them do not get along already and basically our son does not like his dad. What do I do in this situation? My daughter and my husband are quite close and my husband has already stated that if he was given a choice, he would choose my daughter over our son. He stated that he didnt even like his son and didnt care about him. I dont know what to do.