What are my options?


Dear wife:

Greetings. Really, you have three main options:

  1. Hire an attorney and have them start to negotiate a separation agreement and property settlement through the traditional approach or the collaborative approach (which I would suggest for you).

  2. Proceed without an attorney, constantly feel anxious, never know what is going to happen, and possibly come out with a good solution.

  3. File an action for Divorce from Bed and Board due to his constructive abandonment and cruel treatment.

Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband and I have been married for 7 years. Five out of the seven I have been accused of cheating on him. He constantly says he has proof. I am not worried because I know I have been faithful. I have finally put up with all I can. I want to file for seperation but he is the bread winner of the house. We have two beautiful children and I can not afford to keep them up and pay all the bills by myself. What are my options?