Where to find a good, inexpensive atty:

Dear Isabel:

Greetings. Please note that I do not know of any “cheap” lawyers … since we all went to law school and have to pay the bills for the same … there are no “discount law schools.”

What you want to do is hire an attorney where you can control how much you pay - get an attorney with a fixed fee versus an attorney that bills you hourly.

Also, IMMEDIATELY go to the Child Support Enforcement Agency and sign up for child support. You can deal with the remaining issues (like alimony and property distribution) after you start to get support from him - which they will take directly from his paycheck or his pocket, as the case may be. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am seperated from my cheating husband, who keeps telling me he is going to give me money to help me out on some bills. Meanwhile I am taking care of our children without receiving any help from him at all. How do I go about getting Legal seperation papers drawn up, when I have very little income and he doesn’t help out. He was cheating on me and we split up, he is living on his own and so am I. He isn’t paying any child support or is he helping me out like he said he would. I can’t afford a lawyer and he is working making money under the table so I don’t know how much he is bringing in. Please any help would be appreciated greatly!