Who can file for alienation of affection?


Dear ltjeff2929:

Greetings. No, you cannot sue this girl for alienation of affections. I cannot imagine what you could sue her for, since you engaged in the behavior also. Your ex spouse could probably sue her though. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am a 41 y/o father of 2. While at work a 23 y/o girl approached me and started showing affection towards me. Honestly it was nice. Soon after we started having sexual relations. We spent numerous nights together and even took a 6 day trip. My question is now that my wife and I are seperated she basically stated that she got what she wanted and decided not to see me anymore. Now my wife and kids live in New York and I am still in North Carolina. The girl still works at the same place as me and is now totally ignoring me. Is there anything that can be done? Can I file for alienation of affection on behalf of myself and my wife? I still have cards and letters from this girl along with pictures from our trip. Please help me!!!

Jeffery S. Francis